This recipe is definitely one of our family favorites. I started making this soon after my husband and I got married, and it is frequently requested by him to this day.
I’m not even sure where this recipe came from. It’s evolved a bit over the years, and I don’t have the original written recipe anywhere! Here is what you need to make this yummy pasta meal!
The printable recipe is below!
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
Author: Luna Morgan
Recipe type: Main
- 8 oz. penne pasta (gluten-free pasta works great too!)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, to taste
What To Do
1. Preheat broiler. Cook pasta, drain well.
2. Dip chicken into egg, roll in bread crumbs. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until browned and cooked through. (I usually do this in two batches.). Set chicken aside in a large bowl, add cooked pasta and combine.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add cream, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add to pasta and chicken mixture. Add 1/2 of the mozzarella, parmesan and bail to the mixture and combine.
4. Pour mixture into greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Broil until melted. Sprinkle with additional basil, if desired.
Makes about 8 cups (4 servings)