And to do that checking out some honest and detailed buying guides are inevitable. It can save you both time and effort while helping you make the right decision. We’ve considered all the industry-standard factors while preparing this review guide for the best facial sunscreen. These factors include brand reputation, product durability, features, benefits, customer feedback, budget, and warranty.
We always focus on helping customers make the right decision on their own. So this guide not only discusses the top 10 facial sunscreen and emphasizes how you should plan your purchase decision. There are also some buying tips for you to make your task easier.
Top 10 Tips for Buying the Best facial sunscreen
There’s more to the buying tips. Here we’ve got some advice to help you make a smart decision while choosing.
- Consider buying the product in bulk if it’s necessary, as it’ll reduce the single unit cost
- Have a flexible budget and improvise it if needed
- Look for the unique selling points as it’ll help your decision-making process
- Don’t buy eye candies or products that are on sale
- Revise your options and have a comparison chart
- Avoid impulsive buying and falling for a product with a fast-sales pitch
- Take your time to check the information about every product thoroughly
- Read and compare multiple customer reviews to extract an accurate perception of the product and rule out the fake ones
- Only buy products backed by warranties
- Feel free to ask your manufacturer any question about the product that you don’t understand properly
- This product is non-sealed
- [ BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 ] A micro-fine zinc oxide sunscreen for UVA/UVB protection. This CeraVe moisturizer with SPF is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- [ OIL FREE DAY CREAM ] Use this daily face sunscreen as the last step in a morning skincare routine. If layering with an eye cream, moisturizer or facial serum, apply Cerave AM facial lotion after other product applications have been fully absorbed
- [ SUNSCREEN WITH NIACINAMIDE ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin. MVE Technology delivers hydration throughout the day
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [organic suncreen] Relief Sun is an organic sunscreen that applies gently on the skin and by also including skin calming ingredients, it allows sensitive skin types to use it sith ease as well.
- [UV Protection] SPF50+ PA++++ broad spectrum approved by separate labs in South Korea and Spain.
- [Rice Bran Water] During the Joseon Dynasty, rice bran water was called ‘miansu,’ which signifies water that beautifies the skin, and was used like today's toner.
- [Moist daily sunscreen] It absorbs ultraviolet rays into the skin, converts them into harmless heat after chemical reactions with UV energy, and then disappears, so it is moist and has natural application even after applying it several times.
- 1. It was produced in a safe manufacturing facility certified by GMP. 2. All product booking boxes are manufactured using FSC-certified paper. 3. This product is cruelty-free and is against animal experiments. 4. We did not use artificial fragrance and colorants, essential oil, mineral oil, etc., that may irritate sensitive skin.
- Designed especially for face, this non-comedogenic sunscreen for face helps prevent sunburn & provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to help fight against signs of skin aging due to UV exposure, such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines & sagging
- Fragrance- & oil-free & non-greasy, the lightweight face sunscreen is infused with ginger extract to help improve skin radiance & an antioxidant complex, which helps fight environmental aggressors that can damage skin & lead to premature skin aging
- Tone-evening serum with SPF 60+ is also free from oxybenzone, parabens & mineral oil & provides long-lasting hydration while protecting skin from the sun & environment. Face sunscreen is invisible on all skin tones
- From the #1 dermatologist recommended sun care brand, this sunscreen for face is water- and sweat-resistant up to 80 minutes & can be reapplied on the go without messing up makeup to leave skin looking radiant and renewed
- 1.7-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense Facial Sunscreen + Hydrating Serum with SPF 60+ to helps even skin tone, preps skin for makeup application & preserves skin's natural moisture barrier while guarding against the sun
- EltaMD UV Clear Face Sunscreen is a lightweight oil free sunscreen made with Zinc Oxide that leaves no white cast after applying and helps block damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Dermatologist recommended face sunscreen for acne prone skin helps protect against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns and other sensitive skin types like rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- This face sunscreen for sensitive skin contains Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and an antioxidant to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin and reduce skin dryness and redness
- Small 1.7 oz pump bottle make this the perfect travel size sunscreen when you need a lightweight daily face sunscreen to bring on the go to protect your skin from the sun
- EltaMD UV Clear is a non greasy sunscreen for oily skin that can be worn alone or under makeup and is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and noncomedogenic
- 3-fluid ounce travel size bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 for broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- This lightweight and sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish that leaves skin feeling clean. The face and body sunscreen is formulated with Helioplex for superior sunburn protection for your skin
- The Helioplex sunscreen provides superior broad spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays. This sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun
- PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish, making it great for daily sun protection. The convenient travel size sunscreen is perfect for sun protection on the go
- Non-greasy sunscreen from the #1 dermatologist-recommended suncare brand. This sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for acne prone skin. Stabilized with Helioplex technology and featuring an oxybenzone-free formula, it provides superior UVA/UVB protection
- Facial sunscreen lotion from #1 dermatologist-recommended sun care brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist-tested formula is lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating gardening or simply going for a walk
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is formulated to prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV is formulated with a high concentration of La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal water, ceramide-3, niacinamide, and glycerin, providing up to 48hr hydration and restoring skin's natural protective barrier
- This dermatologist-tested face moisturizer with SPF has a lightweight, refreshing texture that is easily absorbed into the skin to immediately restore the feeling of skin comfort in all skin types, including sensitive ones
- Provides all-day hydration and broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- GAME-CHANGING SUNSCREEN - Our most popular SPF, Unseen Sunscreen is a totally invisible, weightless, scentless formula that provides oil-free sunscreen protection for all skin types, tones, & lifestyles.
- COMPREHENSIVE PROTECTION - This feel-good, antioxidant-rich facial sunscreen helps filter blue light (skin-damaging light emitted from your phone, computer, & tablet), UVA, UVB & IRA rays.
- A SUPER-POWERED PRIMER - The unique oil-free formula glides onto skin, providing shine control & leaving a velvety, makeup-gripping finish. Apply generously and evenly as the last step in your skincare routine and before makeup.
- REEF-FRIENDLY SUNSCREEN - Our oxybenzone- & octinoxate-free everyday sunscreen includes clean, powerful ingredients like soothing frankincense & hydrating meadowfoam seed that nourish & protect your skin.
- GREAT FOR GUYS - This beard-friendly, broad spectrum sunscreen’s clear texture truly feels like nothing.
- 2-Fluid ounces of Aveeno Protect hydrate sunscreen Broad Spectrum face SPF 60 to help protect and provide all-day hydration to skin
- Made with nourishing prebiotic oat, this lightweight daily facial sunscreen helps leave skin feeling soft and moisturized all day as it combats sun induced radicals that accelerate skin-aging
- With a refreshing and weightless formula and a non-greasy feel, the invisible sunscreen face lotion also provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Plus it's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores.
- This hypoallergenic sunscreen is paraben-free, phthalate-free, oil-free, Oxybenzone-free, dye-free and is water and sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes, making it great to use during Outdoor activities
- From a Dermatologist- brand for over 65 years, Aveeno Protect hydrate face sunscreen helps prevent sunburn And decreases the risk of skin cancer and Early aging caused by the sun when used as directed with other sun protection measures
- ORIGINAL SPF 50 FRAGRANCE-FREE SUNSCREEN FACE LOTION . This is the stuff we use every day. The sunscreen that started it all. We wanted a sunscreen to protect those who live and love in the sun, so we made it.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic facial sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and Hawaii 104 Reef Act Compliant SPF 50 Face Lotion is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
Buying Guide for The Best facial sunscreen
You probably want to know how we’ve filtered out these options for you. And how you can filter them further to choose the best of the bests. Check out the decisive variables to find the one you need.
The importance of brand reputation or a company’s goodwill is an essential factor. For almost every product category, there’s a pioneer and market leader. As a customer, you’ll perceive a renowned brand to be a distinct one that could be easily relied on. Many studies consider the brand value a significant competitive advantage that sets it apart.
Reputed brands go through continuous improvement in their products to keep up the goodwill and try to provide excellent after-sales service. So from the customer’s point of view, it becomes easier to choose the correct option. But sometimes, it’s competition of brands, and you need other factors to help you decide on your desired product.
Every customer wants to avoid the financial annoyance of a poor-quality product. You won’t want to go through return or repair hassles. So choosing a product with quality testing and all the required certification is wise. It might include an expensive price tag, but that’s alright when you consider the value it adds.
Assessing the product quality without using it is challenging. So what you can check are the required certifications that can speak for its quality. Go through the product’s information and see if it includes the respective certificates regarding meeting good manufacturing standards. The typical product certifications include CE, UL, CSA, ETL, and ISO. See what certifications are relevant to your product category and whether the option contains them.
Features are product characteristics that can be utilized to extract the value you want. So you primarily consider the features while buying a product. Similar products come with similar features. You can make a product comparison list to compare every option’s features.
Such a chart will help you to identify if there’s a differential feature that could benefit you. A differential feature, aka unique selling proposition (USP), is a specific product characteristic that sets it apart. It could be the product’s shape, color, flavor, or packaging.
A product becomes reliable mainly through positive word-of-mouth publicity. But customer feedback could be manipulated with fake reviews. So you need to check out multiple customer reviews to find honest customer feedback about a product. Also, see how many reviews or ratings the product has received.
A product with more ratings and an overall good rating can be considered gross positive feedback about a product. Also, check out in-depth reviews that cover every detail of the product. Looking at pros can be misleading, so also check out what cons or inconveniences the product might include.
While choosing the facial sunscreen, you might have a price in mind that you’re willing to invest. For a set budget, you might have to compromise a few less-important factors to make it fit your budget. But if you don’t have a budget in mind and are willing to buy the best one, then you’ve to decide wisely.
Going for the most expensive option mightn’t be the wisest move. They can offer features you mightn’t need. At the same time, you must be careful about eye candies or impulsive buying of products on sale. A cheap product or one in the sale could have compromised the quality and mightn’t be satisfactory. You can make a price comparison chart and the features to see which suits you the most.
Warranty and After-Sales Service
Customers love getting products with a money-back guarantee. But you mightn’t get it with every product category. However, most product categories include a warranty policy. So you must get one that offers a convenient warranty.
A replacement warranty also makes a product more reliable as it shows the manufacturer’s confidence in its product. Also, check out if a responsive after-sales service team backs the product. A competent team can ensure quick service when you face inconveniences or issues while using a product.
Some more factors influencing your decision include shipping, delivery time, expert opinion, availability, and return policy. Since you may need a product in a specific timeline, these factors can play an important role. So ask the manufacturer about the shipping procedure, delivery time, or return conditions.