What’s more? Besides the cost of the product, you must consider factors like what materials it is made of. You also have to consider the product’s ease of use, durability, and quality. After all, different products are not built equally.
But don’t fret! In this blog post, you will discover the different things to consider when buying the best face sunscreen. Check them out, plus additional buying tips, so you have an easier time finding the right product for your needs.
Top Ten Tips for Buying the Best face sunscreen
Now that you know what to consider when buying the best product, here are additional tips to help you further.
- Determine how much you are willing to spend and choose a quality product within your budget.
- Always try to take advantage of any available offers, like sales discounts. However, make sure the product meets all the quality requirements before buying.
- Take your time to compare the product prices from different stores and manufacturers.
- Ask for recommendations from friends and family members that have used the product.
- Check every aspect of the product. This includes its features and what material it is made of to determine its quality.
- Choose a product that matches your tastes and preferences in color and design.
- Never buy the first product you come across despite how attractive its price is. Instead, take your time to compare with other options available.
- Get a super easy product to use regardless of your technical expertise.
- Check out the product’s reviews on as many independent websites as possible.
- Consider how long the product will last by looking out for features like its return policy and warranty.
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for acne prone skin. Stabilized with Helioplex technology and featuring an oxybenzone-free formula, it provides superior UVA/UVB protection
- Facial sunscreen lotion from #1 dermatologist-recommended sun care brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist-tested formula is lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating gardening or simply going for a walk
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is formulated to prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts
- CETAPHIL SHEER MINERAL SUNSCREEN STICK SPF 50: Nourishes sensitive skin while providing hydrating, chemical free sun protection
- MICROBIOME GENTLE FORMULA: Locks in moisture to hydrate and protect skin delicate microbiome
- NON-COMEDOGENIC, NON-GREASY FORMULA: Blends quickly into the skin without leaving a white cast or greasy residue and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- MESS FREE APPLICATION: Portable size and easy application make it ideal for on-the-go use; ideal for fragile areas like lips, nose, earlobes and around the eyes
- REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN: This product is a reef friendly sunscreen.
- 3-fluid ounce travel size bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 for broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- This lightweight and sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish that leaves skin feeling clean. The face and body sunscreen is formulated with Helioplex for superior sunburn protection for your skin
- The Helioplex sunscreen provides superior broad spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays. This sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun
- PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish, making it great for daily sun protection. The convenient travel size sunscreen is perfect for sun protection on the go
- Non-greasy sunscreen from the #1 dermatologist-recommended suncare brand. This sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
- [ SHEER TINTED MINERAL SUNSCREEN ] Universal tint for all skin tones that instantly leaves skin with a healthy glow and offsets the white-cast typically associated with mineral sunscreens. Lightweight, non-greasy feel.
- [ HYDRATING FACE SUNSCREEN ] Formulated with Niacinamide to help calm skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's natural moisture.
- [ TINTED MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30 ] Can be worn alone or under makeup as a tinted primer with SPF 30. Suitable for all skin types, including dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone. This skincare product doesn't come with a protective seal.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and can become damaged with sun exposure. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ SAFE AND GENTLE FORMULA ] Oxybenzone free, avobenzone free, and benzene free, this 100% mineral sunscreen contains only physical filters Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. Formula is paraben free, fragrance free, and noncomedogenic.
- 2.5-fluid ounce of Neutrogena Sport Face Oil-Free Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 70+ provides superior sun protection against aging UVA and burning UVB rays to prevent sunburn
- Ideal for outdoor sport activity, this facial sunscreen resists wear off from water, rubbing, sweating or wiping, and is designed to be sweat-resistant and water-resistant
- Facial sunscreen lotion features an electrolyte complex to help nourish and restore skin balance
- Specially formulated for vigorous outdoor activity, our active sunscreen can help decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun when used as directed with other sun protection measures
- Facial sunscreen lotion features an electrolyte complex to help nourish and restore skin balance. New formula contains no oxybenzone and uses avobenzone
- ORIGINAL SPF 70 FRAGRANCE-FREE SUNSCREEN FACE LOTION . This is the stuff we use every day. The sunscreen that started it all. We wanted a sunscreen to protect those who live and love in the sun, so we made it.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic facial sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and Hawaii 104 Reef Act Compliant SPF 70 Face Lotion is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- Designed especially for face, this non-comedogenic sunscreen for face helps prevent sunburn & provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to help fight against signs of skin aging due to UV exposure, such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines & sagging
- Fragrance- & oil-free & non-greasy, the lightweight face sunscreen is infused with ginger extract to help improve skin radiance & an antioxidant complex, which helps fight environmental aggressors that can damage skin & lead to premature skin aging
- Tone-evening serum with SPF 60+ is also free from oxybenzone, parabens & mineral oil & provides long-lasting hydration while protecting skin from the sun & environment. Face sunscreen is invisible on all skin tones
- From the #1 dermatologist recommended sun care brand, this sunscreen for face is water- and sweat-resistant up to 80 minutes & can be reapplied on the go without messing up makeup to leave skin looking radiant and renewed
- 1.7-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense Facial Sunscreen + Hydrating Serum with SPF 60+ to helps even skin tone, preps skin for makeup application & preserves skin's natural moisture barrier while guarding against the sun
- EltaMD UV Clear Face Sunscreen is a lightweight oil free sunscreen made with Zinc Oxide that leaves no white cast after applying and helps block damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Dermatologist recommended face sunscreen for acne prone skin helps protect against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns and other sensitive skin types like rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- This face sunscreen for sensitive skin contains Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and an antioxidant to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin and reduce skin dryness and redness
- Small 1.7 oz pump bottle make this the perfect travel size sunscreen when you need a lightweight daily face sunscreen to bring on the go to protect your skin from the sun
- EltaMD UV Clear is a non greasy sunscreen for oily skin that can be worn alone or under makeup and is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and noncomedogenic
- Face sunscreen for oily skin with broad spectrum SPF 60 protection; Sunscreen absorbs pore clogging oil, even in heat and humidity; Formulated with cell Ox shield antioxidant technology; Suitable for sensitive skin
- This oil free sunscreen provides advanced protection while absorbing pore-clogging oil, even in heat and humidity. Our best sunscreen for acne prone skin is formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants.
- Non-comedogenic sunscreen for oily skin provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection. Oil-free sunscreen for acne prone skin helps absorb excess oil, reduce shine and won't cause breakouts
- Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin
- OXYBENZONE FREE, fragrance free, allergy tested, oil free, paraben free
face sunscreen Buying Guide
With tons of product options available in the market today, shopping for the best one can be overwhelming. Nothing to worry about, though. In this guide, we will discuss the main factors to consider to help you make a good buying decision.
The first thing to consider is what materials the face sunscreen is constructed from. Some types of materials are of better quality and more durable than others. And if the product is made of the highest-quality materials, you can expect it to last longer.
However, you might have to pay slightly higher than usual for such a product. So, you also have to think about your budget.
You must consider buying the product from a reputable brand for peace of mind. This is because a reputable manufacturer is likely to sell quality products with long-lasting performance.
In addition, a brand with a good reputation will be willing to take responsibility if its products have manufacturing defects. This is to prevent their credibility from being destroyed.
Generally, brands that have existed for a longer time tend to have the best reputation. However, this is not always the case. Many brands have good reputations, yet they have not been in the industry for long.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Before buying a product, you should find out what people who have used it before have to say. Reading the opinions of other customers will give you a clear idea of the pros and cons of the product. As such, it will be easier to decide whether or not the product is worth buying.
You see, if the product has many positive reviews and high ratings, it means most of the customers are satisfied with it. But if it has more negative reviews, it is an indication that the product could be having quality issues.
However, you must note that some manufacturers will post fake customer reviews about the product on their official websites. Therefore, you must look for reviews from independent websites.
Ease of Use
Another factor you must consider is the usability of the product. How user-friendly is it? Because the last thing you want is to spend hours learning how the product works.
With this in mind, you must read different customers’ feedback about the product. Also, consider getting a product that comes with straightforward and easy-to-follow instructions.
Warranty and Return Policy
Buying the best product is a long-term investment. Therefore, it is only fitting that the product is covered against manufacturing defects and poor craft.
For peace of mind, you should consider getting a product backed by at least a one-year warranty. This is because some manufacturers provide a longer or shorter warranty than others. Also, make sure you know what the warranty covers and what can void it.
You must also consider the product’s return policy. Some brands will let you return the product within 30-days after purchase at no cost. However, others don’t give you this option.
The best face sunscreen is not cheap, as prices vary based on quality, brand reputation, durability, and other factors. But don’t fret because you can still find affordable options.
However, before making your purchase, you must work out your budget. This will help you quickly narrow down some of the best options available. But don’t be quick to settle for a cheaper product because the quality might not match that of an expensive product.