However, this is not true because the best electronic cat doors differs in terms of features, cost, build quality, and ease of use. This explains why some products have higher ratings and more positive reviews than others on various independent websites.
So then, how do you tell which is the best product? Below is a buying guide with the key factors to consider to help you quickly narrow down your options.
Best electronic cat doors Reviews
- YOUR CAT IS THE KEY: This door reads your cat’s unique 15-digit microchip ID and only allows access to programmed pets; programmable collar keys are sold separately for cats without a microchip
- KEEP OUT UNWANTED GUESTS: Give exclusive access to your cat (and up to 39 other programmed pets) while keeping unwanted animals (like the neighborhood squirrel) from wandering inside
- FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE: When you’re stuck late at work (or just sleeping in on a Saturday), your cat will still have the freedom to let herself in and out of the house
- 4 LOCKING OPTIONS: The manual 4-way lock lets you keep your kitty safe and secure; set the door to ‘Locked’, ‘Unlocked’, ‘Enter Only’ or Exit Only
- KEEP WEATHER OUT: Energy-efficient weather stripping and 2 magnetic locking points increase insulation and stop drafts from creeping indoors
- White electromagnetic cat door
- Includes two magnets
- Self lining to 2-3/8-inch
- Brush strip to reduce energy loss and silent action
- Complete instructions included
- This version is compatible with most common US microchips including 15 digit ISO, AVIDXX, and AVID Encrypted
- Designed to prevent unwanted entry of stray animals by allowing only programmed pets entry while allowing any pet to exit
- Overall size: width 7 3/4”, height 9 11/16” - Cut-out size: width 6 7/8”, height 7 3/4”
- Self-lining to 85mm (3 3/8”) thick – ideal for most doors. Adapter for Metal Doors Available Separately. Easily fitted to walls or glass panels with Cat Mate Wall Adapter Kit.
- Made from super-tough polymer / Suitable for up to 30 cats (small to average size). Keeps other animals out
- SELECTIVE ENTRY CAT DOOR (Screens on Entry only): Uses RFID to read your cat’s implanted ID microchip, allowing your cat access without letting in stray animals—learns up to 32 identities; programmable collar tags are sold separately for cats without microchips. SIMPLE ONE BUTTON Programming. Helps prevent intruder animals from entering your home.
- MICROCHIP COMPATIBILITY: Works with 9 (Avid Secure), 10 (FDXA) and 15 (FDXB) digit microchip numbers; if unsure of your pet’s microchip number, you can check with your veterinarian, pet shelter or animal rescue.
- DOOR OPENING: The Microchip Cat Door Flap opening is 4 3/4” (H) by 5 5/8” (W) and can be installed in doors, windows or walls – accessories are available from SureFlap.
- BATTERY POWERED: Uses 4 AA non-rechargeable alkaline batteries (not included); estimated battery life up to 12 months depending on use. LOW BATTERY INDICATOR: Light flashes red when batteries are low and indicates batteries will need to be replaced soon.
- PERFECT GIFT: The SureFlap Microchip Cat Door is a great gift for pet lovers and cat lover’s – making safe spaces and homes for their cats. Three Year Warranty.
- Compatible with all common microchips - works with your cat's existing microchip to keep out intruder cats and wildlife
- Set exit permissions for each pet to keep specific pets indoors using dualscan technology - Store up to 32 pets
- Can be installed in doors, windows or walls - accessories available
- Door opening is 4 3/4" H x 5 5/8" W
- Requires 4 AA batteries which last up to a year with normal use (not included)
- Selective entry keeps unwanted animals out
- Transparent, unbreakable LEXAN flap with 4-way operation
- Weatherproof design for exterior or interior use
- Perfect for cats (and small dogs too) up to 25-pound. Opening size: 7-inch by 9-inch
- Need Assistance? E-mail Ideal Pet Products expert US-based customer care specialists seven days a week!
- Transparent, unbreakable LEXAN flap with 4-way operation
- Weatherproof design for exterior or Interior use
- Perfect for cats (and small dogs too!) up to 25 lbs
- One E-Sensor Collar and 9 volt door battery included(Additional E-Sensor Collars Available)
- Opening Size: 7-inch by 9-inch
- 【2 Magnetic Keys】In the product, there are two magnetic induction accessories that can be hung around the pet's neck. When the pet is wearing it and approaching the door, the door will automatically unlock, otherwise the door will not be able to open.
- 【Freedom and Independence】HIDROSIL cat doors have 4 locking modes which can give your cats freedom to go in and out without your help, perfect for potty breaks or play time.
- 【Simple and Easy Installation】Inside the product is equipped with a cutting board and instructions. Simple process design makes installation no longer difficult.
- 【Durable and Energy-Saving】The pet door frame made of ABS material is strong and durable. The flap is weatherproof and energy efficiency, and helps protect against extreme weather.
- 【Tailored for Your Pet】Frame: 11 4/5"W x 11 2/5"H. Flap: 6 3/4" W x 6 4/5" H. Suitable for pets up to 22 pounds.
- Prevents intruder animals entering your home
- Connect with the Hub which links the Microchip Cat Door Connect to the Sure Petcare app
- Know whether your pets are at home, monitor long-term activity and notice changes in behavior
- Remotely lock or unlock the cat door anytime, anywhere from the Sure Petcare app
- DualScan technology lets you set exit permissions for each cat
electronic cat doors Buying Guide
There are many products available today in the market. Therefore, finding the best one can be daunting. But don’t fret! In this post, we will discuss features to look out for to help you make the right purchasing decision.
Start by considering the materials the electronic cat doors is made of. This is because some products are made of higher quality materials with better durability than others. As such, you will find these products more long-lasting.
On the flip side, though, a product with the better build quality is likely to be slightly pricey. Therefore, you must consider your set budget.
Another thing to consider is investing in a product that comes from a reputable manufacturer for additional peace of mind. This is because a reputable brand has higher chances of selling superior-quality products with a longer lifespan.
Additionally, reputable manufacturers are more likely to accept responsibility if their products have any sort of defects. This is because they would not like their name tarnished.
Typically, there is the belief that brands that have been in the industry for many years are more reputable. Unfortunately, sometimes this is not true. You can still find relatively new brands with excellent reputations.
User’s reviews and ratings
Before making your purchase, it is advisable to check out what previous customers have had to say about the product. This helps ensure you have a better idea of the pros and drawbacks of the product. And as a result, you can determine if the product is a good purchase or not.
If customers are satisfied with the product, it will have tons of positive reviews and high ratings. But if the product’s quality is questionable, it will have many negative reviews.
But you know what? Sometimes, some brands publish hoax positive product reviews on their official website. Because of this, you might want to read write-ups only from self-dependent sites.
Additionally, you need to consider the ease of use of the product. Like how accessible is the product? You don’t want to spend many hours just figuring out how the product functions.
If you want to know better about the product’s usability, you can get all this information in the customer’s reviews section. That said, consider buying a product with an easy-to-follow user manual.
Warranty policy and guarantee
The best product should be a long-term and not a short-term investment. As such, investing in a product backed by a warranty against defects and lousy workmanship makes much sense.
Generally, a product backed by a one-year warranty or more offers peace of mind since manufacturers offer different warranty periods. That said, always ensure you know all the information about the warranty policy, including what it covers and does not.
Apart from the warranty, you should consider the return policy. Some manufacturers offer at least a 30-day money-back guarantee, but others don’t. This allows you to return the product for free and get your money back.
There is no cheap best electronic cat doors. The prices of these products differ depending on many factors like durability, quality, and manufacturer reputation. Nothing to worry about, though, because there are some quality and affordable units.
But before you buy the product, you must have a clear budget. This way, you can scale down the hundreds of alternatives available.
That said, don’t ever be in a rush to buy the cheapest product you find. Its quality may not be as good as that of its expensive counterpart.
Top Ten Tips For Buying The Best electronic cat doors
Up to this point, you already know what features to consider when looking for the best product. So, below are extra tips for buying a product that meets your needs.
- Have a budget, and ensure to get a high-quality product that does not go beyond your budget.
- Always be on the lookout for any sale discounts and other offers. However, don’t compromise on the quality of the product.
- Create ample time to make a price comparison of the best products in various shops and from different brands.
- Don’t be shy to ask your friends, colleagues, and relatives to recommend you the best product if they have used it before.
- Inspect every product feature to ensure it meets all the quality requirements, including what materials it is constructed from.
- Consider a product that complements your tastes and preferences in design and color.
- Never invest in the first product you run into, regardless of its affordability. Instead, you should check out other similar products and make a comparison.
- Be sure to invest in a product that is easy to use, even without expertise.
- When checking out customer reviews of the product, read as many as you can only from independent sites.
- Consider things like the warranty and return policy of the product while determining its durability.