The core identity of any product is its brand value and longevity. However, for anything big or small, their reliability is affected heavily by the ways you’ll use them. Thus, a product that can be good for someone, may not feel the same to you.
In contrast, it’s very important to know what you need and to guide you better, in this article we’ll talk about all the ins and outs of the best electrical crimping tool. By the end, we can guarantee you’ll find your perfect match. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Best electrical crimping tool Reviews
- Crimps insulated terminals onto 10-22 AWG stranded copper wire
- Adjustable compound action design puts more crimping power into each squeeze
- Three crimping cavities in one tool: 22–16 AWG (Red), 16–14 AWG (Blue) and 12–10 AWG (Yellow) terminals
- Built-in ratchet ensures full-cycle crimping for a uniform crimp every time
- Unique cavity design provides consistent crimp from either side of the tool
- CRIMPS 22-10 AWG non-insulated terminals
- 8 in. high leverage design and a NON-SLIP COMFORT GRIP HANDLE
- EASILY CUT copper and aluminum wire
- TAPERED NOSE for cutting in tight locations
- Made with DROP FORGED STEEL for longevity and durability
- Crimper crimps 10 to 22 AWG insulated and non-insulated terminals
- Cutting and Crimping Tool has specially hardened wire cutter in nose
- Tapered nose design for working in confined spaces
- Crimping die marked for insulated and non-insulated solderless terminals and connectors
- Made in USA
- IWC-1424AB is a combination of IWS-1424A Open Barrel Crimper and IWS-1424B Weather Pack Crimper. It’s also upgraded with built-in wire stripper and wire cutter AWG20-10.
- Weather Pack Crimper: Suits for Weather-Pack, Metri-Pack 150 Sealed, Metri-Pack 150 Unsealed, Metri-Pack 280 Sealed, Metri-Pack 280 Unsealed. IWC-1424AB crimper is designed to crimp the terminals and seals found in the Metri-Pack and Weather Pack series.
- Open Barrel Crimper: IWC-1424AB also served as open barrel crimp tool crimps AWG 14-24 non-insulated, open barrel terminals, also known as OEM terminals from Molex, TE, Delphi, Deutsch. It’s also capable of crimping Deutsch stamped pins and sockets, Size 16, AWG14 to AWG 18.
- Two Step Crimping: Crimps conductor and insulation portion of contacts in separate cavities. Tool must be closed twice to complete termination. IWC-1424AB is a 7 cavity wire crimper for a variety of crimping range.
- Applications: IWC-1424AB allows the automotive DIYer to install weather-tight connectors with tools that were previously only available to the professionals. Replace damaged factory-installed connectors or add accessories while maintaining full factory wire harness integrity. A must have tool for making OEM wires and harness.
- PROFESSIONAL CRIMPING TOOL - this hand crimper has efficient ratcheting mechanism and professional grade crimping die for proper rock-solid crimps every time. This crimping tool works best with insulated nylon electrical terminals
- PRECISE RATCHETING MECHANISM – wire connectors are crimped by squeezing the handle through a complete ratcheting cycle until the handle releases automatically. The ratcheting function allows to secure a wire connector while you can insert the wires into the crimp
- ADJUSTABLE CRIMPING FORCE - The tool has a star wheel that allows to adjust crimping height to ensure the right amount of crimping force depending on your crimping project. A designated quick release lever allows to open the crimper jaws in any position
- ERGONOMIC COMFORTABLE HANDLES - The ergonomic, cushioned, non-slippery handles were designed to ensure strong grips in any condition. These handles have enough leverage to comfortably crimp AWG 22-10 splices
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Wirefy stands behind the quality of our products. We offer lifetime warranty for our crimping tools. If you have any issues during the lifetime of your crimper, just let us know. Our customer experience team is always here to help
- 【PROFESSIONAL CRIMPING TOOL】TICONN hand crimper has efficient ratcheting mechanism and professional grade crimping die for proper rock-solid crimps every time. This crimping tool works best with Heat Shrink Connectors terminals
- 【PRECISE RATCHETING MECHANISM】wire connectors are crimped by squeezing the handle through a complete ratcheting cycle until the handle releases automatically. The ratcheting function allows to secure a wire connector while you can insert the wires into the crimp
- 【ADJUSTABLE CRIMPING FORCE】The tool has a star wheel that allows to adjust crimping height to ensure the right amount of crimping force depending on your crimping project. A designated quick release lever allows to open the crimper jaws in any position
- 【ERGONOMIC COMFORTABLE HANDLES 】The ergonomic, cushioned, non-slippery handles were designed to ensure strong grips in any condition. These handles have enough leverage to comfortably crimp AWG 22-10 splices
- 【TICONN BRAND QUALITY COMMITMENT】 We stand behind the quality of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We provide 30-day money back and lifetime warranty. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for risk-free shopping!
- 【Applicable Wire Gauge】Durable and compact structure,for insulated and uninsulated connectors, crimper kit applys to crimp connectors from 0.25 to 10 mm² (AWG 23-7). If the sleeve is not tightened, you can adjust the pressure ratchet.High quality crimping standard ensures repeatable crimping action.
- 【Adjustable Ratchet Design】 ratchet crimper kit for precise and repeatable crimp, ferrules kit preventing over crimping, the ratchet self-adjusting design improves accuracy and reliability during crimping to avoid wasting terminals.
- 【Forced Lock】Quick release safety lock. Can be unlocked, always maintain the quality of high-pressure connection; crimp pressure is accurately calibrated at the factory.
- 【Complete Crimp Tool Kit】Every order comes with a crimping tool and 1200 insulated wiring terminals to support small DIY projects and large electrical repairs.Whether you’re fiddling with the wires on a car, battery, or your house, you will find that this wire crimper is more than up to the task.
- 【Ergonomic Design】the crimper has an ergonomic non-slip and comfortable handle. With nylon material and the leverage theorem, the handle allows you to save energy, which makes your operation easier and provides you with sturdy crimping.
- [VERSATILE]: Strips and removes insulation. Crimp insulated and bare wires. gripping nose works to pull, hold, twist, and bend wire ends.
- [COMPACT]: Thin cable cutter design combines 4 separate functions into one compact 7” tool, ideal for common wire connectors and repairs.
- [DURABLE]: Solid forged alloy steel construction with a protective black finish stands up to extensive everyday carry and daily use.
- [PRECISE]: Blades and teeth are heat treated CNC machined for precision accurate, and clean smooth cuts on copper, aluminum, cables, automotive wires, and soft steel wires.
- [SIZES]: Cut, grip, twist, pull, crimp, and strip wires and cables in gauges from 12, 14, 16, 18 & 20 AWG in one small handheld tool.
- Adjustable ratchet mechanism,Total crimping range:0.5-35mm ²
- Designed according to human factors engineering
- FREE Multi-Function Wire Stripper and Cutter Tool for Stripping/Cutting Wire AWG 22-10(0.6-2.6mm ²)
- Applicable to most types of non-insulated and insulated terminals and connectors
- Special-steel-made Crimper with 5 interchangeable die, One screw driver（6*10mm）,One Oxford Bag
electrical crimping tool Buying Guide: All You Need To Know
As we said earlier, the usefulness of a product can heavily affect the way to use it. To help you find your perfect match, down below is a simplified guide to making the right purchase-
Before we begin, here are some tips that you might want to consider:
- Know your budget
- Costlier products come with better features
- Don’t just go with what’s popular
- Make a list of the features you’re looking for
- Read customer reviews if available
- Always think about the long run
- Brand value is a good thing but don’t be biased
- Compare between options
- Check for warranty
- Don’t buy it just because it’s on sale
Here are some of the things you should consider before purchasing electrical crimping tool
Value For Money
Before you spend your hard-earned money, be sure you are getting every bit of value out of it. There will be plenty of brands that will provide you with competitive as well as different price points. However, what your motto here should be is to make sure your money isn’t going to waste.
You might find something a bit more expensive and yet provides the exact stuffing that you need. Undoubtedly, paying those extra bucks would be meaningful.
On the other hand, if the same functionality is available at different price points, you shouldn’t have to spend more.
You are spending so much time on research to find the best, but what if that lasts less than the time it took to make the purchase decision? Well, longevity is certainly a factor to consider.
You surely can’t judge the longevity of a product just by looking at a picture. However, there are ways you can determine whether it will last long enough to make the product itself worth it or not.
Firstly, check out the build quality. You will come across different materials used in it to conclude its durability. Similarly, youtube videos and customer reviews are equally important. So it’s best if you can keep your eyes on those as well if you want a product that will last long.
It would be a smart choice for you to consider brand value as well. Unquestionably, they are here in the market with a great reputation due to their excellence. Brand value is something that is not gained in a single day or a month but rather in years of great service and providing satisfactory products.
However, another thing to keep in mind is not being biased. It’s also true that brands will use their name to sell the same quality product at a higher price. Thus, it’s up to you whether you would want to pay extra for assurance or go with one that’s providing the same thing at a cheaper price.
Getting a quality product is every consumer’s dream. Nothing can beat the satisfaction of ending up with a solid product at the most reasonable price ever. Well, thanks to the grades that the unbiased quality assurance team does for us.
Understanding how your product comes by is important, as not everything can be built with the same material and structure. Moreover, you will find different grades given to different materials and by which you can get assured of its quality.
Getting something extra is always a want rather than a need. It doesn’t harm if your item has a few more useful features than the others, but will generally cost you a bit more.
Nevertheless, the word useful is emphasized here. We are very much sure that you wouldn’t mind spending a few extra bucks on getting a feature that will come in handy. But is it worth it?
Keep your eyes on the list of additional features, and who knows you might find one that is just made for you. Nevertheless, you also have to decide how much you are willing to pay for that specific feature that you need.
If it’s slightly pricier but comes with your personalized feature then getting your hand on it is quite worth it.