There’s nothing we love more than loading up our plates with mashed potatoes during the holidays. They’re a classic staple that you can make any way you want—but this recipe? This is the most EPIC way to make a loaded, cheesy, extreme batch of mashed potatoes featuring our favorite new product, Bacon In A Bag. You can thank us later.
1 bag (2oz) Uncured Bacon in a Bag jerky
3 pounds of yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 cup butter
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Sour cream to taste
1. Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of lightly salted water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return them to the pot.
2. Mash butter into the potatoes with either a potato masher or electric hand mixer until melted completely into the potatoes.
3. Add sour cream and continue to beat until combined.
4. Slice or shred pieces of Bacon in a Bag and combine into the potato mixture.
5. Add cheese and chives and stir. Season potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.